Paris Saint-Germain manager Luis Enrique frostily avoided questions regarding transfer targets Bradley Barcola and Ibrahim Mbaye after dropping both players for their 1-0 Champions Trophy loss against Lens at the Stade Bollaert-Delelis on Sunday.
Ligue 1 champions PSG were denied the opportunity to lift their fifth consecutive Champions Trophy title following the defeat to Coupe de France winners Lens in Lens, France.
Barcola and Mbaye watched from the stands after being dropped by Enrique amid growing uncertainty over their long-term futures with the French club. The decision came just days after both players remained as unused substitutes during PSG's UEFA Super Cup victory over English Premier League side Aston Villa.
PSG added attackers Ferran Torres and Mika Godts to their squad last week, pushing Barcola and Mbaye further down the pecking order in Paris. English club Liverpool, who are actively seeking attacking reinforcements, are currently in transfer talks with PSG for both players as manager Andoni Iraola prepares for his first season in charge at Anfield.
Asked about his decision to omit the pair during his post-match press conference on Sunday, Enrique offered a brief "Thank you, goodbye," before walking off. He later addressed reporters in the press room when questioned further about their situation.
"I will speak about the transfer window when it is finished," Enrique told journalists.

On Saturday, prior to the match, Enrique discussed his commitment to building a squad of players who fully support the club's environment.
"We are a very young, very ambitious team," Enrique said. "It is important for us to make changes and look for players who enjoy playing our way and who love playing for PSG. That is very clear to us."
"When a player doesn't want to come here, or doesn't have a smile on their face about being here, it is better to find another solution," he added.

Transfer negotiations for Bradley Barcola
Earlier in the summer, 23-year-old attacker Barcola indicated that he did not wish to sign a new contract with European champions PSG. The French club currently value Barcola at £140 million, based on his age, potential, and current market valuations.
Liverpool have been working to seek a compromise on that price tag. Barcola's fee was reputed to be closer to £75 million when Liverpool first sounded out his representatives last summer. The player possesses the skillset to suit Iraola's playing style and offers a serious threat in front of goal.
Ibrahim Mbaye profile and valuation
Mbaye, an 18-year-old right winger measuring 6ft 1in, has been with PSG since 2018. He has made 33 senior appearances for the Parisian club, scoring four goals.
Having represented France at youth level, Mbaye pledged his international allegiance to Senegal in 2025. He starred for Senegal at the World Cup, becoming the youngest African goalscorer in tournament history when he netted a consolation goal against France.
Mbaye represents a natural fit to replace outgoing forward Mo Salah on Liverpool's right wing. However, any agreement will depend on the transfer fee, with PSG likely to demand over £150 million for the teenager.
Liverpool transfer window activity
Liverpool have experienced significant roster changes this summer. Star forward Salah departed Anfield to join Turkish Süper Lig club Trabzonspor, leaving his former position on the right wing vacant, while defenders Andy Robertson and Ibrahima Konate both left the club on free transfers.
The Merseyside club have completed only two senior signings during the current transfer window. Attacker Victor Munoz arrived from Spanish La Liga side Osasuna, while defender Ronald Araujo joined on loan from Barcelona.
Defender Jeremy Jacquet was signed from French club Rennes in January but only recently joined up with his new team-mates following an injury-hit campaign. Jacquet returned to the pitch yesterday for the first time since February 7 and scored on his debut during Liverpool's final pre-season friendly victory against Italian side Como.

