Pavel Tetyukhin (center) / Photo: © VK “Belogorye”
Belogorye and the Russian national team player Pavel Tetyukhin called Zenit-Kazan and Dynamo from Moscow the favorites of the new season of the national volleyball championship.
– I consider Zenit-Kazan and Dynamo to be the favorites in the new season. The rest of the teams have a slightly smaller chance, even the St. Petersburg “Zenith” and “Lokomotiv”.
The playoffs will be more interesting for me personally than the Final Six. I’m glad he’s back. Playing the playoffs at home is a very different experience than playing the Final Six on neutral ground. In the playoffs, it will be important to mentally withstand the opponent on the court, playing in full stands. This, of course, will be more fun and interesting, ”Tetyukhin said to the Championship.
Last season, Dynamo from the capital became the champion of the country, defeating Lokomotiv Novosibirsk in the final.
The new season started on September 30th.
Volleyball League Cup: Olympiacos, Finikas and Milonas are waiting for PAOK or Panathinaikos in the semifinals
Olympiacos and Finikas equalize their 3-0 sets wins over Kifissia and Finikas for the Quarterfinals of the “Nikos Samaras” League Cup. Milonas also qualified with another win over Pegasus.
Olympiacos beat me 3-0 put him PDO Kifissiasecuring his place in the semi-finals League Cup “Nikos Samaras”.. Phoenix awaits him there with the first semi-final in Syros and the rematch in Rentis.
Olympiakos dominance was fair but by no means easy as Kifisia, playing free and with Okosanovic as the protagonist, led 21-18 and 24-22 but failed to make the 0-1 set. Olympiakos, with tremendous attacking and serving power, Stern and Hidalgo managed the turnaround to win the first set 28-26. Stern led Olympiakos with 13/16 attacks made, while Okonsanovich was Kifissia’s top scorer with 11 points.
The “start” for Kifissia in the first set was impressive, because with a strong block and counterballs from Okosanovic they led 5:1. Olympiacos increased their performance and equalized with attacks from Stern and a mistake from Chevers to make it 7-7.
Then the two teams were effective on the away side, drawing 11-11 together. In the best part of the set Olympiakos led 12-11 with an attack from Payenk, but later in the set Kifisia took back the reins 16-14 with aces from Ricardo and Stivachti. The “Blue-Whites” continued to press better and got a three-point “air” 18-15 through a skillful placement of the Brazilian winger. The ‘Red-Whites’ attempted to come back to claim the set but suffered multiple serve errors. Kifissia led 21-17 after a superb save from Stivachtis and against Okosanovic. Olympiacos came close to making it 21-20 with Hidalgo at 9 yards. Kifissia achieved a double bowl set 24-22 with Okosanovic but Olympiacos drew 24-24. The 3rd chance at 25-24 was also missed by the visitors, whereupon Olympiacos turned the situation against them and Payenk’s attack won the set 28-26.
In the 2nd set, Olympiacos started with “gas pressed” and took the lead with pressure on the serve with 8:2. Kifisia reacted and gnawed at the difference, reducing it to 10-6 with a Chevers attack. It was the Athens team’s final reaction as Olympiacos clinched the difference to 16-7 with consecutive points, finally closing the set with an ace from Petsias at 25-15, simultaneously sealing qualification for the next stage institution.
In the 3rd set of the game, the two coaches made many changes. Olympiacos, with Chandrino’s serve, turned the 3-3 into a 9-3 and gave the hosts a clear lead. Kifisia “nibbled” the difference to 12-9 with a block from Filippakopoulos and an attack from Okosanovich, while in the development of the set it got even closer to 13-11 with a block won by Papadopoulos. Olympiacos spearheaded Chandrinos again to +4 (19-15) but Kifisia with Oikonomopoulos on serve was within breathing distance of 21-20. With a block from Linardos, Olympiacos reached a triple-match bowl 24-21, Kifisia ‘lived’ twice, but on the 3rd opportunity Chandrinos made it 25-23 with a block-out won.
Milonas in the semifinals
His qualification for the semi-finals for the second straight year in the institution’s history was accepted Milonas. After winning 3-0 in the first quarter-finals in Nea Smyrni, Sakis Psarra’s side wanted two sets to qualify. However, in Polichni tonight he lost 2-1 sets to the fighter Pegasus but he managed to take the 4th set and qualify and also ended up taking the match 3-2 Set with a great protagonist, Alexandros Nanopoulos, who played diagonally instead of Yordanov and scored 27 points.
Milos took a 1-0 set lead and showed he was in control of the game and qualifying, but Pegasos with high receiving and attacking rates and protagonist Apostolos Armenakis, reminiscing about the old days and spinning diagonally, managed to do it Turn game and lead 2 – 1 set. Armenakis scored 30 points for Pegasus, partially surprising Milos.
Everything was decided in the 4th set. There, with two blocks from Brian and errors from the hosts, Milo escaped 7-3 and never lost a secure lead. Even when Pegasos failed 17:16 against Mavrovouniotis, Milo found solutions with the very good Nanopoulos, who made two crucial blocks together with Her to open the gap back to +4 (20:16). Then Brian and Molina did the dirty work and the set ended 25-22 for Milos, who secured qualification with the 2-2 set.
Pegasos had no motivation for more and Milos, with better psychology and energy, built a 7-4 difference on Stratos’ serve. Pegasus followed, but two errors from Terzoglou and a finish from Theodosis ended the match 15-11 for the 3-2 set.
Second 3:0 for Finikas
THE Palm tree ONEX was the first team to reach the semi-finals in time and, like in the 2020-21 season, will face Olympiakos there. THE sleight of hand struggled without De Pra (cross) and Gladstone (middle) but was still competitive in the first set where he took a 19-15 lead.
18-year-old Vassilis Bozidis, who started as a winger, played diagonally in place of De Pra and 23-year-old center Kostas Tsioutsiouludis replaced Gladstone.
Phoenix’s leader and first scorer was Djuric with 18 points. In the first two sets he played as a central player and switched to his favorite position on the diagonal in the 3rd set. Of the 18 points, 6 come from blocks.
Finikas fell behind in the 1st set at 15:19 and with a sustained counterattack thanks to Galiotos’ serve, he made a 5-0 run to make it 19:19, while at 21:21 Djuric had two blocks and Genov’s error to make it 24:21 for the Syrians led . Kasambalis and Genov reduced (24-23) and redemption for Phoenix came from Fromm with a blockout against Algoul for 25-23 and the 1-0 set.
With the air at 1-0, Phoenix wanted another set to secure qualification and managed it more comfortably. An ace from Fromm made it 5-3, while the lead gradually widened to 17-10 with Michalovic’s first fiddle. The set ended 25-16.
With qualification secured, Kazazis gave time to all his players. With the exception of Tzourits, who flipped diagonally, Galiotos, Papadopoulos, Roumeliotakis, Charalambidis, Manolakis, Mantzios and Sonakis brought Foinikas to conquer the 3rd set 25-16 and the celebratory win qualifier with 3-0 sets.
The last group of semifinals results from the second game between Panathinaikos and PAOK. The “Cloverleaf” had weathered the commotion to win 3-2 sets and the next game is on Wednesday, January 4th at the PAOK Sports Arena.
The game statistics
Olympiacos – Kifisia 3-0
- Olympiakos’ points come from 7 aces, 45 attacks, 6 blocks and 20 enemy errors and Kifisia’s points come from 4 aces, 34 attacks, 5 blocks and 21 enemy errors
- The sentences: 3-0 (28:26, 25:15, 25:23) in 79′
- OLYMPIC (Alberto Giuliani): Pagenk 5 (3/4 ref., 2 blocks), Stern 13 (13/16 ref.), Papagelopoulos 7 (6/6 ref., 1 block), Koumendakis 6 (6/15 ref., 33% dec – 28% excellent), Travitsa 1 (1 ace), Hidalgo 11 (8/15ff, 2 aces, 1 block, 67% con – 22% excellent) / Tziavras (l, 64% con – 64% excellent), Chandrinos 9 (6/9 ref, 3 aces, 78% sub – 44% excellent), Zupani 1 (1/5 ref), Dalakouras 2 (1/1 ref, 1 block) , Petsias 1 (1 ace), Linardos 2 (1/1 f., 1 block)
- KIFISIA (Kostas Christofidelis): Okosanovich 11 (9/22 ff., 2 blocks), Stivachtis 2 (1 ace, 1 block), Rego 7 (6/11 ff., 1 ace, 45% sub. – 45% excellent), Spiliotis 3 (3/5 ref.), Moreira 4 (3/6 ref., 1 block), Chavers 9 (9/17 ref., 62% sub. – 46% excellent) / Kontostathis (l, 31% sub. – 23% excellent), Kosmas (l, 57% SUB. – 43% excellent), Roussopoulos, Papadopoulos 4 (3/6 ff., 1 ace, 25% SUB. – 25% excellent), Filippakopoulos 3 (1/1 ff., 1 ace, 1 block), Economopoulos
- The sentences: 2-3 (17-25, 31-29, 25-19, 22-25, 11-15) in 119′
- *Pegasus Polichnis’ points come from 6 aces, 53 attacks, 15 blocks and 32 enemy errors and Milos’ points come from 4 aces, 64 attacks, 13 blocks and 32 enemy errors
- PEGASUS (Heraklis Theodorou): Komitoudis 4 (4 blocks), Bareto 10 (10/21 ff., 50% substantive – 32% excellent), Mavrovouniotis 11 (7/23 ff., 1 ace, 3 blocks, 64% substantive – 33% excellent), Milis 6 (6/10 ff.), Armenakis 30 (22/39 ff., 1 ace, 7 blocks), Kanellos 3 (2/7 ff., 1 ace) / Bourakis (l, 79 % sub. – 47% excellent), Tsirakis (l, 75% sub. – 75% excellent), Palaiohorinos, Grammenoudis, Sakoglou 1 (1/5 ff.), Pavlidis 1 (1/1 ff.), Kesesidis 8 ( 4/7 ff., 3 aces, 1 block), Terzoglou (67% sub – 33% excellent)
- MILON (Sakis Psarras): Theodosis 6 (6/11 ref), Brian 15 (11/15 ref, 4 blocks), Nanopoulos 27 (21/36 ref, 2 aces, 4 blocks, 71% sub – 43% excellent), Molina 19 (16/31ff., 1 ace, 2 blocks, 62% pass – 41% excellent), Efraimidis 5 (4/13ff., 1 block, 67% pass – 33% excellent), hand 4 (2/2 f., 2 blocks) / Chandrinos (l, 74% sub. – 32% excellent), Semitekolos (l), Kouvaras 1 (1/1 f.), Dimitoulis, Andreadis 1 (1/3 ff. ), Stratos 3 (2/9 ff., 1 ace, 77% inferior – 46% excellent)
Finikas – Athlos 3-0
- The sentences: 3-0 (25:23, 25:16, 25:16) in 72′
- Phoenix ONEX’s points come from 7 aces, 42 attacks, 8 blocks and 18 errors and Athlos Orestiada’s points come from 1 ace, 32 attacks, 5 blocks and 17 errors
- PHOENIX UNITED (Dimitris Kazazis): Michalovics 11 (11/20 ref.), Papalexiou 4 (4/5 ref.), Yerezuelo 2 (1/3 ref., 1 block), Klingenberg (0/2 ref., 86% ref. – 71% excellent), Djuric 18 (9/14 ff., 3 aces, 6 blocks), Fromm 6 (5/15 ff., 1 ace, 69% sub. – 46% excellent) / Konstantinidis (l, 84% sub. – 58% excellent), Sonakis (l), Charalambidis 5 (4/4 ref., 1 block), Mantzios, Galiotos 2 (2 aces), Roumeliotakis 6 (6/6 ref., 75% sub. – 75 % excellent), Manolakis, Papadopoulos 3 (2/2 eff, 1 ace, 38% sub – 38% excellent)
- PERFOMANCE (Ilias Kreuzis): Tsioutsiuloudis 7 (6/14 ref, 1 block), Bozidis 7 (6/19 ref, 1 block), Kasampalis 3 (1/1 ref, 1 ace, 1 block), Algul 3 ( 2/3 ff., 1 block), Rizopoulos 8 (8/25 ff., 46% SUB. – 38% excellent), Genoff 10 (9/24 ff., 1 block, 64% SUB. – 36% excellent) / Veloudis (l, 100% sub. – 78% excellent), Diamantidis (l, 55% sub. – 27% excellent), Hatzimarinakis
The couples of the semifinals
- Milos – PAOK or Panathinaikos
- Olympiacos – Finikas
Source: sport 24
The House of Indoor Athletics and Indoor Volleyball in Peania is awarded to the Deputy Department of Sports
With an amendment to the Ministry of Finance, the Greek state grants the Deputy Ministry of Sports the area of 108 hectares in Peania, which includes the two demolished Olympic facilities “Home of Indoor Track and Field” and “Indoor Volleyball”.
With one amendment approved by Parliament’s plenary session The Greek state grants the 108-hectare area in Peania, which includes the two demolished Olympic facilities “Home of Indoor Track and Field” and “Closed of Volleyball” free of charge to the Deputy Ministry of Sports.
Thus, these two very important facilities are entering the process of their revitalization and recommissioning.
The announcement in detail:
“With an amendment to a Treasury bill voted in Parliament’s plenary session today, the Greek state grants the Deputy Ministry of Sports an area of 108 acres without compensation as the property of Paania, which includes the two demolished Olympic complexes “House of Closed Athletics” and “closed volleyball” includes.
The concession includes the mentioned buildings and other sports facilities as well as their surroundings. It is then awarded to OAKA by the Deputy Department of Sport based on usage so that:
– to achieve the completion of the administrative and financial procedures for the maintenance and modernization of the Olympic facilities concerned.
– to put the Olympic complex back into operation, to contribute to the further development of sport (athletics, gymnastics, etc.) and to organize major sporting events,
– build other infrastructures to create a modern sports center.
These are two facilities built in advance of the Athens Olympics in 2004 and were among the best in Europe.
They were the “backbone” of developing indoor athletics for the winter months, but also volleyball while hosting major events and meetings.
They were last used in 2011 at the Panhellenic Indoor Championships.
Since then they have remained dormant and as a sporting landmark they have become the target of looting and vandalism.
We remind you:
– On May 20, 2020, the cooperation agreement was signed with the Attica Region and the Regional Governor Giorgos Patoulis, as well as with the Municipality of Paiana and the Mayor Isidoros Madis.
-In December 2021, thanks to the close collaboration with them and with the undivided help of the company “Aegeas AMKE” from Mr. Martinos who financed the project, but also from Mr. Liontos and Venieris who worked on the static and electromechanical studies that complete the Study, full mapping and tender documents have been completed.
With the concession change, which is part of the Deputy Ministry of Sport’s overall effort to revitalize and reopen the abandoned Olympic facilities, we are entering the final phase of their “revival” with a total project budget of 6,500,000 euros!
The specific facilities are part of the Greek State’s negotiated agreement with LAMDA Development SA, an agreement aimed at providing full funding and an operating license for the renovation of sports facilities in the Attica Basin.
The change states:
1. The land, with a total area of one hundred eight thousand twenty-five square meters and thirty-five centimeters (108,025.35 sq.m.) according to the buildings and other sports facilities therein and the surrounding area, owned by The Hellenic State, located at the place “Kontres” in the administrative boundaries of Municipality of Paiania located in the Municipality of Paiania of the Eastern Attica regional unit of the Attica Region is granted free of charge by property to the General Secretariat of Sport (GGA) of the Ministry of Culture and Sport.
2. The property of paragraph 1 will be further granted for the purposes of the GGA for use to the private legal entity under the name “OLYMPIC ATHLETIC CENTER OF ATHENS (OAKA) SPYROS LOUIS” pursuant to Article 14 of Law 1646/1986 (A’ 138) to take care of the latter, the renovation, maintenance and operation of the sports facilities located within, as well as the regeneration of the surrounding area. It is forbidden to change the use of the property referred to in paragraph 1 in any way, as well as to exceed the purposes for which the concession is granted.
3. By decision of the minister responsible for sports, the ownership concession of the property is accepted in accordance with paragraph 1. The decision of the first paragraph, describing the transferred property and the right to it, as well as any other necessary current legal data, constitutes the title of the property transfer and is entered at the responsible land registry office.
4. For the further permission to use the GGA in the OAKA, a declaratory decree will be issued by the Minister of Sport in accordance with Paragraph 2 Paragraph 1, which will be published in the “Government Gazette”.
Source: sport 24
Panathinaikos – PAOK 3-2: Another surprise from 0-2 for the greens with Space Hernandez
PAOK took a 2-0 set lead but Panathinaikos, where Hernandez was steadily improving, prevailed 3-2 sets to take the lead in qualifying for the League Cup semifinals.
We had another big game in Greek volleyball on Monday afternoon. PAOK took a 2-0 set lead but Panathinaikos, where Hernandez was steadily improving, prevailed 3-2 sets to take the lead in qualifying for the League Cup semifinals.
The game had two images. In the first two sets, PAOK completely dominated and did the same until the final period of the third set where they took a 20-23 lead. There, Panathinaikos turned the game around with a 6-1 lead and reduced the set to 2-1.
From then on, the Greens left no room for a reaction to PAOK. Hernandez fired in attack and serve, everyone else increased their performance and so the greens reached the big surprise with 3:2.
How to qualify: After this development, Panathinaikos needs an any-score win to qualify. On the other hand, PAOK wants a 3-0 or 3-1 win. If PAOK wins 3-2, qualification will be decided in the golden set.
Panathinaikos – PAOK 3-2
The sentences: 21-25, 19-25, 26-24, 25-16, 15-8
*Panathinaikos’ points come from 10 aces, 54 attacks, 13 blocks and 29 errors by opponents and PAOK They came from 12 aces, 55 attacks, 12 blocks and 19 opponent errors.
PANATHINAIKOS AO (Dimitris Andreopoulos): Kovar 10 (7/22ff, 1 ace, 2 blocks, 59% sub – 41% excellent), Petraeus 11 (5/10 ff, 2 aces, 4 blocks), Jacobsen 1 (1 ace), Rangel 14 (Ref. 10/12, 4 blocks), Frankos 5 (Ref. 5/16, 40% sub – 20% excellent), Hernandez 36 (Ref. 27/44, 6 aces, 3 blocks) / Zisis (l, 47% under – 34% excellent), Georgiou, Bassis, Kostopoulos.
PAOK (Josko Milenkoski): Giorna 12 (11/28ff, 1 ace, 68% sub – 42% excellent), Costa 13 (8/9ff, 1 ace, 4 blocks), Walsh 5 (2/3ff, 2 aces, 1 block), Voulkidis 12 (7/12ff, 3 aces, 2 blocks), Raptis 7 (5/19ff, 2 blocks, 33% sub – 18% excellent), Van De Dries 27 (19/41 ref., 5 aces, 3 blocks) / Kokkinakis (l, 52% sub. – 39% excellent), Ilias, Sotiriou 1 (1/3 ref.), Gatsis, Takouridis, Butos 2 (2/2 ref.).
Source: sport 24
Paulo Barbosa’s agent thinks the Netherlands can beat Argentina
The most important victory of Russia. The basketball player who was sitting in Mordovia was finally returned to the USA
Van Gaal talks about his future as a coach
Europa League11 months ago
In transfer alert at Olympiakos for additions and concessions
Europa League12 months ago
Fenerbahce – Eintracht 1: 1: The Germans took 1st place in the Olympiacos group
Europa League12 months ago
Without Nainggolan and Samata, the 11th team from Antwerp
Europa League10 months ago
Europa League11 months ago
Atalanta announced the acquisition of Boga
Europa League10 months ago
Fears that Zapata will be out for 4 months
Premier League11 months ago
Except for the rest of January, Sean was injured
Europa League11 months ago
Ticino: “In the final of the Europa League against Porto”