Newcastle United have completed the signing of defender Amar Dedic from Benfica for £29.5million on a five-year contract.
The 24-year-old Bosnia and Herzegovina international becomes Newcastle's sixth senior addition of the summer and will wear the No 37 shirt at St James' Park. Dedic, who can operate on either flank, previously worked with Newcastle head coach Matthias Jaissle at Red Bull Salzburg and Liefering.
Dedic made 95 appearances for Salzburg before spells with Marseille and Benfica, where he featured against Newcastle in last season's Champions League. He has won 31 caps for Bosnia and Herzegovina and played at this summer's World Cup.
"Working with Matthias again was a big factor for me. We know each other well. He knows what I can bring on the pitch and I'm really happy to be playing for him again," Dedic said. "Playing Premier League football at St James' Park is going to be really special. Every game feels like a big occasion, with an amazing atmosphere. I'm really excited to get started."

Newcastle have also held exploratory talks with Manchester City over a potential deal for 24-year-old midfielder Nico Gonzalez. Newcastle are considering several options to replace Bruno Guimaraes following his £75million move to Arsenal, with the club keen to bring in an experienced midfielder before Sunday's Premier League opener at home to Liverpool.
Barcelona complete £65.4m Rodri signing
Barcelona have confirmed the signing of midfielder Rodri from Manchester City in a deal worth £65.4million. The 30-year-old former Ballon d'Or winner, who helped City win four Premier League titles and a Champions League, has signed a four-year contract with the La Liga club and will wear the number 16 shirt.
Rodri had one year remaining on his Manchester City contract. City wanted him to stay and sign an extension, but Barcelona's final offer proved too good to turn down.
"It’s not like I miss [City] because I don’t feel like I’m leaving. I think I’m just moving to another club, but my heart will always be linked to the city and to the club," Rodri said. "I always try to be involved in the games, try to come and watch them and keep in touch with my ex-teammates. But of course, physically you leave. Seven years is the right moment to say goodbye, to write a good story."
"I always say that the most important thing is to have the whole image, the whole movie, and say I’m proud of this," he added. "Both parts, club and player, we’re proud of this, and this was the reason for my decision. My heart will always be blue all my life. And they always have Rodri for anything they need."

Enzo Maresca's Manchester City side are pursuing replacements for both Rodri and Tijjani Reijnders, who is set to join Saudi Arabian side Al Qadsiah for around £52m. City are targeting Lille midfielder Ayyoub Bouaddi and Chelsea's Enzo Fernandez.
Aston Villa reject Watkins bid and agree Wan-Bissaka deal
Aston Villa will reject an offer worth £38million from Saudi Arabian club Al Hilal for striker Ollie Watkins. The 30-year-old England striker is open to the move after several proposals from Al Hilal this summer, but Villa want to keep him.
Villa have agreed a loan deal with an option to buy for West Ham United defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka. Villa were initially rebuffed in a straight loan proposal, but talks progressed for the 28-year-old Congo international to join Unai Emery's squad, with an option to buy in the region of £18m.

Meanwhile, Ajax have held initial talks over a move for Villa winger Leon Bailey. Villa have also agreed to loan right-back Kosta Nedeljkovic to Scottish side Rangers with an obligation to buy for £3.5m. Celtic also hold an interest in the Serbian international, but he is expected for a medical at Ibrox later today.
Crystal Palace sign Zavier Gozo as Ipswich bid rejected
Crystal Palace have announced the arrival of 19-year-old attacker Zavier Gozo from MLS side Real Salt Lake for £11million on a five-year contract. Real Salt Lake are partly owned by Palace co-owner David Blitzer. Gozo made 16 MLS appearances last season, scoring six goals and providing four assists.
The transfer was initially agreed over 10 days ago but was delayed by paperwork at MLS, where all players are centrally employed by the league and deals require league approval. Gozo will provide depth on the right wing understudy to Ismaila Sarr, becoming Palace's sixth summer signing and second for a fee following Anan Khalaili's arrival from Union Saint-Gilloise.
"I’m really looking forward to playing in the Premier League with Crystal Palace. It’s the dream of any footballer," Gozo said.

Ipswich Town have had an offer of around £18m rejected by Bayer Leverkusen for Argentina midfielder Exequiel Palacios.

Brighton have signed Canada striker Promise David, 25, from Belgian club Union Saint-Gilloise on a season's loan with an obligation to buy for £22m. Brighton are also exploring a move for Millwall forward Femi Azeez, while Wolves are exploring a move for Brighton winger Amario Cozier-Duberry after Rangers had a £7.5m bid rejected for the £10m-rated 21-year-old.
Liverpool youngster Morrison set for Wednesday loan
Liverpool winger Kieran Morrison is expected to finalise a loan move to League One side Sheffield Wednesday within 24 hours. The 19-year-old Northern Ireland international, who impressed in pre-season and drew interest from Wolfsburg and Bristol City, is wanted by Wednesday in time to face Bradford City in Thursday's Yorkshire derby.
Morrison, who can play in attacking midfield or wide, joined Liverpool from Manchester United's academy. He received his first senior Northern Ireland call-up ahead of March's World Cup qualifying play-off against Italy and made his senior debut in June, playing the first half of a 1-0 friendly win over Guinea.

Liverpool are continuing negotiations for Paris Saint-Germain winger Bradley Barcola, but are unlikely to pursue interest in PSG teammate Ibrahim Mbaye despite exploratory talks.
West Ham finalise Piroe as Fullkrug leaves on loan
West Ham United are finalising the signing of forward Joel Piroe from Leeds United, while striker Niclas Fullkrug has joined Werder Bremen on a season's loan. Fullkrug, a 33-year-old Germany international signed for £27m from Borussia Dortmund in August 2024, scored three goals in 11 Premier League starts before spending the second half of last season on loan at AC Milan. He returns to Werder for a third spell having started his career with the Bundesliga club.
West Ham previously had an initial £15m bid rejected by AZ Alkmaar for striker Troy Parrott. Real Betis are now making progress in talks with Alkmaar for Parrott, aided by Hull City's interest in Betis winger Pablo Garcia, who is valued at around £7m.
Real Sociedad have followed up interest in West Ham midfielder Edson Alvarez. The Mexico international had interest from former club Ajax but is keen to move to La Liga, with talks ongoing.
Hull bid for Garcia as Vicario completes Juventus move
Hull City have offered around £4.5million for Real Betis winger Pablo Garcia, who is valued by Betis at least £7m plus a substantial sell-on clause. Hull turned to the 20-year-old after talks for Leon Bailey fell through. Hull have also held talks with Nottingham Forest over a loan for winger Dilane Bakwa, enquired about Yeremay Hernandez at Deportivo Coruna, were offered Keito Nakamura from Reims, and rekindled interest in 22-year-old Norwich right-back Kellen Fisher after initial enquiries in July.

Tottenham goalkeeper Guglielmo Vicario has joined Juventus on an initial loan with an option to buy for £8.5m (€10m). The 29-year-old travelled to Turin after talks accelerated when Juventus opted against signing Emiliano Martinez from Aston Villa.

Sunderland's £25.7m move for Toulouse left-back Dayann Methalie is in danger of collapse after concerns were raised during his medical. The 20-year-old France Under 21 international is returning to France for further testing. Meanwhile, Sunderland remain in talks with Sporting Lisbon for 25-year-old Mozambique winger Geny Catamo, who has 43 caps and requires a work permit.

Everton seek right-back as transfers continue across Europe
Everton chief executive Angus Kinnear expressed confidence that the club will sign a right-back, though not in time for Saturday's season opener against Crystal Palace. "I don’t think we are in a bad position on that," Kinnear told BBC Radio Merseyside. "The players we thought we had the option of are still available for us, I don’t think they will be there for Crystal Palace, which was the objective. I’m confident that we’ll bring a right back in. It’s a position we’ve needed. I think Jake (O’Brien) has done a sterling job for us in that position."
"It was something that we were trying to do last summer and didn’t feel that we could get the quality in. So a right-back was top priority in the window, we would have liked to have got it done earlier," Kinnear added. "I understand the fans' frustrations; I understand how they see it as being critical. Even the Prime Minister chipped in to give us some helpful direction. So it’s reached a level of national importance. So we are working hard to bring one in and I’m sure we will. I’m sure it will be an improvement, and it will round off the squad nicely."
Everton looked at Crystal Palace's Daniel Munoz, whom manager David Moyes regards as a wing-back, enquired about Fulham's Timothy Castagne, and had a bid rejected for Celtic's Alistair Johnston after he suffered an injury. Strasbourg's Guela Doue is considered too expensive, while Everton rejected Aaron Wan-Bissaka when offered and are not currently pursuing Burnley's Kyle Walker. Moyes admitted Everton may have to revert to another option if they cannot secure their prime target.
Fulham have asked Real Betis about 25-year-old Brazilian centre-back Natan, who joined Betis from Napoli last summer for £7.5m. Fulham also retain interest in Rennes defender Abdelhamid Ait Boudlal.
In other developments, Blackburn Rovers prospect Igor Tyjon has asked to leave amid interest from Arsenal. The 18-year-old forward has represented England and Poland at youth level. Stoke City have revived talks with Ipswich Town for striker George Hirst ahead of Saturday's trip to Southampton. Middlesbrough have terminated goalkeeper Seny Dieng's contract by mutual consent, allowing the 31-year-old to join Greek side Atromitos after a January loan to Feyenoord fell through.

